Holmberg hall was completed in 1918. It was renamed in honor of Dean Fredrik Holmberg in 1938. In 2005, it became part of the Donald W. Reynolds Performing Arts Center. The center was established through a generous gift from the Donald W. Reynolds Foundation which provided for Blair Remy Architects to accomplish the conceptual design for the multi-million dollar renovation of the auditorium and the music practice facility and the addition of a new home for the University's nationally recognized School of Dance. The historic Holmberg Hall has been recognized as one of the top fifteen among fifty of the most beautiful conservatories and Schools of Music in the nation. Renamed the Donald W. Reynolds Performing Arts Center, Holmberg Hall celebrated it's one hundredth anniversary during 2018.